The Key Laboratory of Electronic Equipment Structural Design was founded with the approval of the Ministry of Education in December, 2005. The laboratory-based National 111 Project Base for Electronic Equipment Electromechanical Coupling Theory and Technology was established with the approval of the State Administration of Foreign Experts’ Affairs in October, 2013.
The predecessor of the laboratory was the first to conduct the research in structural design of electronic equipments in China, with the radio equipment structural design, set up in 1963, as the first discipline in this field to award the doctoral degree in 1986.
The laboratory is constructed based on two national first-level disciplines of mechanical engineering and control science and engineering, and the national key discipline of electromagnetic field and micro-wave technology. To keep pace with the international cutting-edge development and to meet national and technological demands, the laboratory under the support of the “211 Project” and “985 Project” innovative platform for superiority disciplines has carried out innovative research in the fields of electromechanical coupling, precision control and modern design, with substantial and influential achievements made. The laboratory, dominant and prestigious in its research areas, is becoming the national leading base for fundamental research, hi-tech promotion and talent cultivation in electromechanical coupling of electronic equipments.
The laboratory covers an area of 5,600 square meters, with advanced instruments, equipments and experimental platforms. Currently, the laboratory has more than 40 researchers including academicians of Chinese Academy of Engineering, chief scientists of “973 Project”, Cheung Kong Scholars, winners of national “1000 Foreign Experts Plan”, winners of Ho Leung Ho Lee Foundation for Scientific and Technological Progress Award, Young Scientists of URSI, German Humboldt scholars, and winners of national “High-End Foreign Experts Plan” etc.
Office Add：Room 803, Technical Experiment Building, North Campus